2/23/09

MV #3

Psalm 111:2:

Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them.

Or, for convenience, I like to say, "The works of the LORD are great, they are studied by all who delight in them."

This verse makes me realize that reading the Word isn't enough; I must study it. Those who delight in his works, study his works. This is not only referring to the Old Testament, but it can refer to all of God's works.

My reading can be a mile long in width, but only an inch thick in depth. Reading is the width but studying is depth. This verse will be a helpful reminded to...

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Tim 2:15, KJV).

The Greek word for "study" is spoudazō. It can be defined as to be diligent, to endeavor and labor, and to study.

This doesn't mean that I go and lock myself in my room all day to study, but I should be diving into the Word and studying it.

I need to be diligent and labor in the word because I delight in the works of the Lord.




No comments: