12/31/08

Sin, Prayers, and Blessings - Purchased

Michelle gave me a devotional for Christmas and it has been a great blessing. It is Holiness Day by Day: Transformational Thoughts for Your Spiritual Journey by Jerry Bridges. I read about something yesterday that threw some more insight into the sacrifice of Christ on the cross:

One of the best kept secrets among Christians today is this: Jesus paid it all. I mean all. He not only purchased your forgiveness of sins and your ticket to heaven, He purchased every blessing and every answer to prayer you will ever receive. Every one of them - no exceptions (p.14).

I always thought of Christ just purchasing my soul from hell, which is most definitely true, but it is amazing to think that he purchased every prayer and blessing. What a great King!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great King indeed! :D