10/6/08

What Did Jesus Become?

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption-- 31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord(1 Cor 1:30-31).


Jesus is all of my wisdom, all of my righteousness, all of my sanctification, and all of my redemption. These are wonderful truths and also great promises. I don’t have to try and seek great knowledge because Jesus is my wisdom. I don’t have to try to do righteous deeds to gain favor because Jesus is my righteousness. I don’t have to try to get closer to God on my own because Jesus is my sanctification. I don’t have to pay for my sins because Jesus is my redemption.

Most important of all:

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Cor 5:21).


When I reflect on what Jesus became for me, I cannot glory in myself. It forces me to “glory in the LORD.”

1 comment:

Liz said...

i like this a lot!