- His teachings "are the foundation of our faith. Everything we have is a lengthened shadow of [him]."
- "I pray we may learn from his example, that we might incorporate into our lives the great principles which he so beautifully taught; that we ourselves might emulate him;..."
- "I honor and revere [his] name... I delight to hear it; I love it. I love his doctrine... I am his witness."
- "He died for those he loved. He reigns in the realms above."
- "The more I learn of him, the more I love and revere him."
- "I look to him. I love him. I seek to follow him."
- "He not only gave us joy, happiness and opportunity here, but also a great hope in the life to come."
- "Today, this Sabbath day, in many thousands of congregations, perhaps as many as twenty-one thousand, in many areas of the earth, our people have sung or will sing the praises of [him]."
- "Of noble seed, of heavenly birth, he came to bless the sons of earth."
- He was "a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief."
- "Church members are interested in learning more about [him] because they love him and they love the gospel he brought forth."
- "How great indeed is our debt to him. ...Great is his glory,... We stand in reverence before him... Let us not forget him. Let not his memory be forgotten in the celebration of Christmas."
- "...and he shall stand in due time on the earth, in the flesh, and fulfill that to which he is appointed."
- "The light, provided to the world by [him], illuminates the confusion, clarifies the principles of the gospel, and helps lead men and women to their own eternal reward, if they will but endure to the end."
- The "work that has been carried out by President Young and his brethren [of the Twelve] has been in accordance with the plans, and designs, and Spirit, and instructions of [him]."
Joseph or Jesus?
The following is taken from the Mormon Research Ministry (mrm.org). It is a quiz that is offered to Mormons in order to help them understand that they make extreme statements about Joseph Smith. Upon first reading it, Mormons would say that the correct answer to each question is Jesus. Although, each quote is specifically talking about Joseph Smith. The intention of this post is to help us contend for the faith and share the true Jesus with those of the Mormon faith; to point away from Joseph Smith and lead them to the deity of Christ.